Here are 5 quick tips for you to use this year. Some of them will challenge the way you think about content creation but with a few mindset changes you will reap the benefits in the long term.
Have a look through your blog and social media platform and take notes on which types of content had the most interactions. This will ultimately help you to understand your target market. In 2017 it is clear that quality content is more valuable than content optimisation. Content which is exciting, engaging and suited to your audience will benefit you more in the long run.
Also consider timing when creating content. It is more useful to create content on the lead up to an event rather than a review of something which has already passed. This sounds like a very obvious thing to do but you would be surprised how many business miss out on opportunities. Hindsight isn’t always a wonderful thing.
93% of online experiences start with a search and user experience is important in SEO. It is always good practice to test your site and see how it affected by traffic and speed etc.
It is paramount to produce smooth waters for online users so take the time to think about:
- Minimising errors by testing links
- Content should work for users and search engines so articles that make grammatical sense and crawlability should always be in the front of your mind.
- Page design will impact a user's experience. Is your site easy to navigate?
- Page Speed. Both Desktop and Mobile Speed are important in 2017.
- Have you started using AMP yet?
Content is King
Think like the reader not like the search engine. Is the content you are making worthy of people’s attention or is it time to start doing something new?
Monitor your site stats to see what is working for your brand or business?
75% of all time spent online is spent watching videos. It has never been so important to incorporate video into you SEO strategy. There are somethings you can do to optimise your visual content:
Titles are important. Think about what you call videos. See it from the point of the viewer and the point of the search engine:
- Alt Text, Metadata and Keywords
- File size effect your views. Looking into compression without losing quality.
- If you had to write a script for your video then include it the blog post or description. Google will love that.
- Host your own videos and upload them to Youtube and Facebook etc.
- Be creative.
KeepYour Social Media Channels Up To Date
With all this focus on your site it can be easy to forget about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Vimeo, Google+ and so forth but it is necessary to keep you online footprint up to date.
These are key to driving traffic, pushing interaction but Google will now take your social media signals into account so there has never been a better time to update that social link bar on your site.